A few weeks ago we learned that the Carnival’s Ringmistress of 7 years, Shauna (Moerke) Griffis, was ready to pass the stewardship of the Carnival to the next willing participant. Always up for an adventure, I opted to step into the fray.
The Carnival of HR, as you may recall, was started in 2007 by Suzanne Lucas (@RealEvilHRLady), passed on to Allison Green (@AskAManager), and then managed by Shauna (@HR_Minion) beginning in 2009. I hope to continue their great work and keep this community going strong as we ramp up to our 10th Anniversary in 2017!
As for now I’ve made a few tweaks:
- I’ve updated this website (so please go poke around)
- I’ve decided (for now) to move to a monthly schedule (as opposed to bi-weekly). That doesn’t mean we won’t host more than 12 Carnivals during the year – if you ever want to host a special (i.e. off schedule) Carnival, just let me know. As a matter of fact we already have a special HR Tech World Carnival scheduled for March!
I’m also looking for 2016 Carnival of HR hosts (you can see the schedule here). If you want to have some fun and spread some HR love send me an email to carnivalofhr @ gmail and let me know!
As a reminder here are a few rules/guidelines for how we operate:
- When I send out notifications about the upcoming Carnival you’ll have the opportunity to submit a recent (within 4 weeks) post of your own for consideration to the current host.
- Once the Carnival goes live we ask that you help promote it via twitter, your blog, snapchat, Instagram, or what have you.
- Check out the Carnival of HR site!! (Not really a “rule” but I like to be a bossy HR lady).
It’s Carnival Time!